We Both Had Good Married Lives But That Wasn't Enough: I Still Don't Know Why It Ended

Anonymous Anonymous in Your Story on 13 May, 2017

I'm 28 years old and have been married for 4 years now. Ours was a love marriage after 4 years of courtship but it was a long distance relationship. We had our share of ups and downs.

Being able to marry the guy you love might sound very romantic but it was never as romantic as it seemed. Yes I used to boast about my relationship, I'd proudly tell everybody about my guy but this was just half the truth. I did everything possible to make my man happy but what I didn't realise was that it was always me who would take these initiatives. Right from planning to executing the plan.

So in the middle of all these realisations, just a few months back, I got a message on Facebook from a very unexpected person. This guy used to work with me in a BPO 6 years ago. We never actually interacted at that time so his message was unexpected. We started chatting just generally about everything. He told me that he was married and was staying with his wife in the US.


He also told me that 6 years ago he had a crush on me but I never noticed. I also kind of found him cute.

So this went on for some days and we realised that we both weren't happy in our married lives. It's not that our partners were bad, it's just that there was lack of compatibility. We realised that we could be great support for each other.

We started chatting everyday, sometimes even on calls but chats on Whatsapp were constant. He would text me the moment he would wake up. Then he'd call me while driving to his workplace. Things were turning out beautiful as there was so much in common between us, our likes and dislikes, including food (as both of us are hardcore foodies) and movies.

I started feeling special, never felt like this even with my husband. We promised each other that we'll be there for each other no matter what.

We also decided to meet as soon as he visits India. I realised soon enough that I was falling for him and he also shared the same feelings. I was really happy. But all good things do come to an end.

Eventually, his calls and messages reduced. He told me that he was going through some stress. I was patient and I supported him throughout. Sometimes, he would call and text and there were some days he wouldn't even text. Then once, we didn't speak for a week. I got a little upset.

After all this while I realised it was the same story again. I was the one making efforts, he was only making excuses.

But I thought probably he's stuck with something and may be I was overthinking. Then one day I texted him, "Goodbye and take care!" Immediately, I got a call from him and he told me that he had lost his job and the reason he didn't tell me was because he didn't want me to get tensed. He promised me that once things were fine he'll contact me.

It's been more than 2 months since that day, I am still waiting for his call or text. I don't know what went wrong but I just hope he's fine wherever he is. I am doing quite okay with this entire situation but I do miss him a lot at times.

It's just unsettling to think about how it ended.