I Love Teaching But It Is High Time That Our Education System Is Revised For Good
I believe that I was born to be a teacher. Despite not being a movie lover, I was really curious to watch Hitchki from the moment I saw the trailer. Words aren’t enough to explain how much I could relate myself to this movie, rather how much this movie has taught me. I am a lawyer by qualification, a company secretary by profession and a teacher by choice and nothing makes me happier than this. Due to this choice, I have to deal with kids every day in colleges.
My recent association with a foundation gave me the opportunity to teach in a special children/juvenile home and to interact with a number of vulnerable kids who need special care and love exactly the way it is shown in the movie. Not all these kids are there by choice but because of the circumstances, situations, surroundings, society, hardships that they have gone through in the past and because of a number of other factors. One second chance can change their life. Some of my personal favourite learnings from the movie were:
1) Rejections are not the end of life. They prepare us to strive for better and to work towards bigger goals in life.Share this quote
2) Kids are like wet clay, you can transform them by showing them the right direction.Share this quote
3) It's never too late to start afresh in life.Share this quote
4) Never underestimate people for their inadequacies. It’s important to be inclusive in our approach towards people!Share this quote
5) There is nothing like failure, every setback is just a new learning lesson and an opportunity to think differently. So never give up, if you really want something badly.Share this quote
6) Disorders can make your body functionality weak, but it has nothing to do with your capabilities to achieve your dreams.Share this quote
7) Sometimes underdogs are the biggest achievers in life. Because God gives the hardest battles to the strongest soldiers.Share this quote
8) Little Changes can make big differences.Share this quote
9) Its necessary to teach the student how to lead a better life in future rather than to teach them history.Share this quote
10) Give them wings and they will fly.Share this quote
11) Before judging anyone it is important step into their shoes and know their circumstances. You have no idea what they are going through.Share this quote
12) Always rise above your situations, never blame them and instead try to learn from them.Share this quote
13) All of us just need that one person, be it a teacher, mentor or friend who believes in us. Just one!Share this quote
14) Acknowledging your fears and anxieties can be liberating. It can set you free.Share this quote
15) Everybody is a genius. But if we judge a fish by its ability to climb, a fish will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. It is unfair to judge or mark all students on the same parameters.Share this quote
16) Most importantly, some things in life can’t be fixed, they just need acceptance.Share this quote
17) A Doctor can save a life of a kid by doing a surgery but only a true teacher can touch the heart of that kid and give him/her the courage needed to live truly.Share this quote
18) Lastly, my personal favorite line from the movie, * “There are no bad students, but only bad teachers”.Share this quote
*However, I do not blame the teachers but instead blame the system under which they are bound, and I seriously think it’s high time that our education system should change and focus on art, creativity, network building, collaboration and not solely on competition. Because Life does not take exams as per Syllabus. In this world full of Instagram, Snapchat and WhatsApp Stories, let’s try to be part of someone’s life story for the good. Let’s prepare our future generations to be humans and not robots. Let’s sit down and hear their dreams and let us not just force a fish to climb a tree.
Share this story if you agree with this determined and thoughtful teacher's thoughts.